Thursday, November 22, 2012

Ma..



How can I  put in words what you mean to me Ma?

You prayed for a lil gal of your own and thanks to God I was born in your womb :)
You were there waking up late nights to feed me when I was a baby..You were there beside me when I took my first steps.. You were the one who packed little treats in my lunch box. You were the one who fed me with your own hands coaxing me to eat the last bite("Last ghashu migale katire kha") which I never did.. You were the one who tucked me in bed with a kiss..I was a naughty kid..sometimes a cry baby.. sometimes a whiny one too( "Ammale myaana hi cheli").. but you always made me feel like I was the apple of your eyes..

I don't know if I have ever fully appreciated all that you have done for me.. I don't know if I have ever told you how lucky I feel to be your daughter. You were my first teacher..You encouraged me to dance..You encouraged me to paint..You supported every decision I made..You were my first teacher, be it in studies, cooking or just teaching me how the world works.

You were there with me during my toughest times..Holding my hand with tears in your eyes. I know it hurt you more than it did to me Ma.. You prayed to a thousand gods every day for my health..
My success makes you happy and how proudly you tell the world about me.
As days turned into years, you  made me a responsible kid. "Don't do this, don't do that", you said..Now I realize y u did..

Seven years I was away from you..but every time when I came home from my hostel you made my favorite dishes..right from the airport where you would come holding a bag of food for me..(Phale kasane korche gondu khavche ka :)) you waited patiently for me to come from work to have tea with me.. You ate with relish all the different dishes I experimented..

You have dedicated your entire life to make us happy.. You have supported all of us in every decision we made..You  have taken care of every whim n fancy of ours.

I love u more than I can ever say in words.. I am truly blessed to be your daughter and I can't begin to tell how how proud I am of you!

Love u Ma  :)

4 comments: